Those're some bad examples, Doc...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupC151.mpls.uswest.net on December 02, 2000 at 03:41:11:

In Reply to: Re: Harrison too old? posted by Doc on December 01, 2000 at 23:42:03:

All your examples were of has-beens. Connery was retired or somethin' in the Rock, wasn't he? Eastwood has looked like full-body turkey chin for the last 15 years. Tommy Lee Jones can still pull off tough-guy roles, but he doesn't play characters who run from boulders and swing on whips. And the Jack Palance reference....what's up with that? He played a good crothety old man, not an action star. His only stunt in the City Slickers movies was walking. I think IF they ever get their heads outta their asses and make another Indy film it'll be NOTHING like the previous 3. It'll be a character study of a past-his-prime adventurer. To me that's just a big waste of time. People don't like Indy because of what makes him tick. They like him BECAUSE he runs from boulders and swings from a whip. I think if they make Indy 4 with a 60+ year-old Ford it'll have the same effect as making a Superman 5 with Christopher Reeve.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]