Re: Are you kidding?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-to017.proxy.aol.com on December 02, 2000 at 04:05:10:

In Reply to: Re: Are you kidding? posted by Mark on December 02, 2000 at 03:43:26:

McFarlane's Indy would would blow McCoy's out of the water. I have over a hundred of his figures and truly believe them to be the finest figures to date, by ANY company. As complete as the McCoy figure is it still just looks like a toy with its bulky, out of scale clothing. Personally I don't care if a 12" figure has real pockets that you could never put anything in. All that crap just means more fabric used, and thusly more bulk. A figure should nt really be 'functional' in that way. If you want function from pockets and such get the real gear and dress a mannequin. A figure has one job; to look good, to look real, as close to an actual person as possible. Nobody does this anywhere near the caliber of Todd McFarlane. I picked up the 12" Crow and I swear he looks like he could hop off the shelf and take on a life of his own. Don't expect much articulation, though. McFarlane's trend these days is to fore go articulation. After all, real people don't have 'toy' joints and his goal is to make accurate likenesses of the people the figures represent. With my favorite McFarlane figures I tend to buy three or four, one to display 'as is' one to customize into a diorama and a couple to keep mint. When he does Indy I'll have to get a second full time job!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]