Jimmie, a tip of the fedora to you sir(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.214 on December 02, 2000 at 11:53:30:

In Reply to: Not at all... posted by Indiana Jimmie on December 02, 2000 at 06:50:21:

: Your comment about not wanting to see 'characterization studies'doesn't hold well...one of my favorite scenes in Raiders is a small bit of characterization - Indy drinking himself senseless over the 'death' of Marion.....

: Harrison Ford IS getting along in years...and may not be able to perform alot of the stunts he has in the past..that's what stuntmen are for. I'm sure they wouldn't do anything too outrageous, given his age....but come on - do you really want just some mindless 'running and swinging'?!? How boring would that be? If that WERE the case, Indy 4 could have ANYBODY starring in it. It wouldn't even have to be Indy AT ALL!!

: Just my 2 cents...

: : All your examples were of has-beens. Connery was retired or somethin' in the Rock, wasn't he? Eastwood has looked like full-body turkey chin for the last 15 years. Tommy Lee Jones can still pull off tough-guy roles, but he doesn't play characters who run from boulders and swing on whips. And the Jack Palance reference....what's up with that? He played a good crothety old man, not an action star. His only stunt in the City Slickers movies was walking. I think IF they ever get their heads outta their asses and make another Indy film it'll be NOTHING like the previous 3. It'll be a character study of a past-his-prime adventurer. To me that's just a big waste of time. People don't like Indy because of what makes him tick. They like him BECAUSE he runs from boulders and swings from a whip. I think if they make Indy 4 with a 60+ year-old Ford it'll have the same effect as making a Superman 5 with Christopher Reeve.

: : Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]