Re: I'll bet Lucas won't give him licensing rights to do an Indy figure.......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-we064.proxy.aol.com on December 03, 2000 at 01:11:46:

In Reply to: I'll bet Lucas won't give him licensing rights to do an Indy figure....... posted by Michigan Smith on December 02, 2000 at 17:25:50:

Sadly, you're probably right. Lucas is just a greedy bastard. Not because he insists on total creative control; I do as well, and so does McFarlane. The results of such artistic integrity show through in McFarlane's work. Perhaps total 'profit' control would better suit Lucas, as it's clear to me he goes where the money is, not the quality. This would explain why he uses Kenner and allows them to crap all over his work instead of starting his own company to do the job right, as Todd did. The fact that he does this shows me that he has very little respect for his creations. I guess it's just easier to rake in cash than make any sort of effort. These days it is the trend of manufacturers, and the expectation of fans, to produce figures figures in excess of six inches. Take a look at other toy lines, they're all rushing to meet the standards Todd has set; larger figures, more elaborate paint schemes and more accurate likenesses. Lucas, however, goes once more to Kenner to produce basically the same substandard crap that was available in the 80's, then has the stones to charge around eight bucks for the figures! That's probably why Todd is the future of collectible toys and most "Episode I" stuff can be found in a clearance bin near you....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]