Still not sinkin' in, is it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupD118.mpls.uswest.net on December 03, 2000 at 15:51:24:

In Reply to: Re: You don't get the point, do ya? posted by Fedora on December 03, 2000 at 10:18:19:

Yes, this DOES mean I will not go see Ford as Indy again....and neither will anyone else, because I seriously think it WILL NOT happen. Apparently Star Wars is WAY more important than Indy now, and in the past. Lucas is busy tryin' to pump out more of these money-makin' merchandise-machines. Spielberg is makin' "deep" stories that are apparently aimed at winning Oscars (besides Jurassic Park and Private Ryan there isn't one movie he's done since Crusade that's viewable). And Ford'll be busy for a while signing half his life away to his ex-wife. I've been hangin' on to the hope that there'll be another Indy movie for 11 years now....geeze. Honestly I don't see it happenin'. They've been feedin' us the same "we're waitin' on a good script" line of bull for at least 7 years. But yeah, if they did FINALLY do another Indy I WOULD go see it. Because I'm a fan. But I don't think the general public will show as much interest. I mean how many people saw Lethal Weapon 4? Maybe 12? Nobody wants to see old farts actin' young.

An aging adventurer that appeals to the baby-boomers....not my cup of tea. And adding "something into the mix" to attract youngsters? Why? I don't wanna see Chris Rock as Indy's sidekick, crackin' whitey jokes. It'll end up bein' Indiana Jones and the Return of the Boy Band. No thanks. Why add something if what they have isn't enough? It'd just be like another sitcom when they add a baby 'cause the other kids aren't cutesie anymore. Completely transparent.

For this movie to BE an Indy movie Ford would have to be in the outfit. Have ya done what I asked and thought about it. Picture it in your mind. 60-year-old Ford with the complete get-up on. It's unsettling. I DON'T want Indy to be reduced to defeating the bad guys buy blowin' on a saxophone....wait, he already has.

Austin Powers

P.S. Indiana Jimmie....you showed a lot of intelligence by resorting to name calling. Way to go, pal. Maybe YOU oughta think about what you're sayin' before you "commit to posting it".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]