Re: Fedorafedora fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn004b-p4-246.cybertours.com on December 03, 2000 at 21:28:01:

In Reply to: Fedorafedora fedora posted by J.C. on December 03, 2000 at 12:59:00:

: Are fedoras normally suposed to be real stiff when bought...I have the 005 Indy Fedora from Stetson which is not being sold anymore....I like it but its too short and doesn't have the right look but it also is not really stiff.....I mean it stays its shape but its not that stiff...

: : Also, are the HJ fedoras that stiff? and are they better quality than the PB? I mean I'm practically sold on the PB but I still wonder. And from what I've heard the HJ Poet looks like the Last Crusade Fedora in the Italy boat dock scene, right?

Yes, most fedoras are stiff when you purchase them. There are some types of felt however, that aren't as stiff as others and the felt is finer and more relaxed. The HJ, for instance, is a little softer than what some people are reporting the PB as being. I myself prefer the softer hats that will flex. In addition, if you are going for the most authentic Indy hat, go for one that isn't stiff, or once you get one, and you are happy with the shaping, allow the hat to get loose. Remember the Temple of Doom when the spike comes down next to Indy's head? If that hat had been stiff, it would have been flipped right off his head by that spike. Also, in LC, when Indy takes his hat off when the tank blows up the car, you can see how floppy and flexible his hat is as it is scrunched in his hand.

Yes, the HJ, when new, looks exactly as it appears both in the Venice scene and in the Donovan/Grail Tablet scene. This is if you ask for the LC look. Remember that just as people specify dimensions to Joe at Peters Brothers, you can order a hat from HJ with any specifications. They will work with you to meet your specifications. It will obviously cost more than the $185 PB, but it can be done.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]