Wow, and just as I was about to AGREE with you for once....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on December 04, 2000 at 03:22:47:

In Reply to: Still not sinkin' in, is it? posted by Austin Powers on December 03, 2000 at 15:51:24:

...You blow it AGAIN. Yeah, I resorted to name calling...because it seemed that getting jerky with you was the only way you listen to anybody. Have you noticed that your posts' are a bit less abrasive? I have. Fighting of any sort leaves a bad taste in my mouth...especially one where I have to sink to the level of my 'opponent', for lack of a better term. You seem to feel your opinion is VERY threatened on this forum, and consequently it's your way or the highway. Not everyone believes as you do....it's half the fun of this place....
Tell ya what, if you don't want to see Ford as Indy again...that's alright with me...more seats for those of us that DO want him back. And I'm betting that there are more of us than you may think.

I also wanted to comment on your remark about Ford donning the gear again......I agree. I thought it was pushing it with the Last Crusade....but the exact scene in Young Indy you cite for your arguement I will also cite for mine : Ford wore a (GASP!) Grandpa-type SWEATER, and the fedora.....granted, it was similar to the jacket, but I feel it fit the "age" of the character a bit more.
And there was quite a bit of action (not counting the sax thing) WITHOUT Ford having to "run, jump, and fall down".

There are many, MANY bits scattered throughout all three of the films that give us a glimpse into indy's character, without having to resort to 'action'...his drinking to relieve the pain of Marions 'death',the fact that the crazy SOB would jump onto a friggin SUBMARINE and ride across god-knows-how-many-miles of ocean just to rescue his beloved...ARK? MARION? you decide...etc....

I suggest that you pay more attention to the bits INBETWEEN the action...and I'm not saying that to be jerky.....what I mean is, try to remember how you used to look at ROCKS, or TREES, etc, as a kid, and pay the non-action scenes THAT sort of attention.

Alot of the small, insignificant stuff I've noticed in the films recently has been pointed out to me by my five-year-old daughter ("Daddy, BELLOG (that's what she calls Belloq) looked really scared." "He sure did, didn't he" "Was it because Indy was gonna shoot him?" "Yes I think so." "Guns are yucky...")....see what I mean?

I value ANYONE'S opinion on this stuff, including yours. Your presentation just left something to be desired.

Take it easy, and thanks for reading,

Indiana Jimmie

: Yes, this DOES mean I will not go see Ford as Indy again....and neither will anyone else, because I seriously think it WILL NOT happen. Apparently Star Wars is WAY more important than Indy now, and in the past. Lucas is busy tryin' to pump out more of these money-makin' merchandise-machines. Spielberg is makin' "deep" stories that are apparently aimed at winning Oscars (besides Jurassic Park and Private Ryan there isn't one movie he's done since Crusade that's viewable). And Ford'll be busy for a while signing half his life away to his ex-wife. I've been hangin' on to the hope that there'll be another Indy movie for 11 years now....geeze. Honestly I don't see it happenin'. They've been feedin' us the same "we're waitin' on a good script" line of bull for at least 7 years. But yeah, if they did FINALLY do another Indy I WOULD go see it. Because I'm a fan. But I don't think the general public will show as much interest. I mean how many people saw Lethal Weapon 4? Maybe 12? Nobody wants to see old farts actin' young.

: An aging adventurer that appeals to the baby-boomers....not my cup of tea. And adding "something into the mix" to attract youngsters? Why? I don't wanna see Chris Rock as Indy's sidekick, crackin' whitey jokes. It'll end up bein' Indiana Jones and the Return of the Boy Band. No thanks. Why add something if what they have isn't enough? It'd just be like another sitcom when they add a baby 'cause the other kids aren't cutesie anymore. Completely transparent.

: For this movie to BE an Indy movie Ford would have to be in the outfit. Have ya done what I asked and thought about it. Picture it in your mind. 60-year-old Ford with the complete get-up on. It's unsettling. I DON'T want Indy to be reduced to defeating the bad guys buy blowin' on a saxophone....wait, he already has.

: Austin Powers

: P.S. Indiana Jimmie....you showed a lot of intelligence by resorting to name calling. Way to go, pal. Maybe YOU oughta think about what you're sayin' before you "commit to posting it".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]