I may have fallen prey to marketing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on December 06, 2000 at 12:01:26:

In Reply to: Infernal Machine on N64 posted by Kevin on December 05, 2000 at 22:53:48:

: So is this Friday the very last day to PURCHASE this title? They can't seriously just be planning to RENT it?! I thought the Pre-order thing was just to be able to get it in time for Christmas, and that it would still be available on their website?

Ok, it's possible that Dec. 8 isn't a drop dead date, but they are not saying what happens after Dec. 8th, so its a bit of a gamble. The fine print says "Offer good until 12/8/00 or while supplies last." In general this means whichever comes first, supplies running out or the date, but it could be interpretted that the offer stands as long as they have the game in-stock. Since the game is to be released in the week of Dec. 15th, perhaps that is enough time to make additional cartridges, if there are more pre-orders than expected. Or maybe they are using the pre-orders to determine the number of cartridges to make, I don't know.

Although it's probably just a ploy to get people to buy right away, the way I read it is that pre-ordering is the only way to guarantee that you will get the game.

I'm reminded of the folks who didn't pre-order the Toys McCoy figure, and kicked themselves later. If you ever plan on buying it, why not buy it now?

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]