Souping up the Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-35.col.cableone.net on December 06, 2000 at 23:39:24:

By george, I wanted gussets on my Indy jacket, and I have located a tailor who will do the alterations. She, said it would be an easy operation, the only catch is the leather that she has access to is a lighter brown than my Wested. She pointed out that they wouldn't be that noticable until I lifted my arm(s). She also suggested that my "pleat fix" using the thin leather belts, was ok, but she could sew a thinner strip of leather in their place, and it would last a lot longer,( I used hot glue as an adhesive !), and look better as well. But thats not all. I am having her replace the lining in the sleeves with satin, leaving the main lining cotton. I have never liked the way the cotton grabs by shirt whenever I pull the jacket off, and this should really help out. But I do like the cotton in the body of the jacket, as it does seem to be cooler when the temp starts to rise. And last but not least, she is sewing the handwarmer pockets closed except for an opening the size of the side straps. This is so I can still tuck them in the pockets. I never use these pockets anyway. Also, I am seriously considering having her alter the collar, as I prefer the A-2 style collar. The one on my Wested looks like one of those collars from a cheap 70's leisure suit. Not my cup of tea. All of this is costing 30.00, not bad at all. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]