And there are a few revisions needed to that...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on December 07, 2000 at 13:07:14:

In Reply to: Ok, try this one posted by Michaelson on December 07, 2000 at 12:55:20:

: : : : Could you post somewhere (like here or @ indygear) the details of the original Raiders jacket you measured? Like the bi-swing pleats depth and such. Thanks,
: : : : Obtainer

: : : I did put them on the forum some time last summer - when all the hubub began. Unfortunately, the electronic versions were wiped-out when they gave me a new PC at work. I'll dig the hand notes out this weekend for the specifics. I may also still have the emails I sent Peter at the time with the needed revisions. Specifically, I recall the bi-swing pleat was 1/2 inch deeper on the original, and the rear panel needs to go virtually from shoulder seam to shoulder seam (less 3/8 per side) - again, off the top of my head.

: : : I'll try and dig it up, time permitting.

: : : Cheers!

: : : Patterson

: : His original post and notes are at this vault location. Regards. Michaelson

: The address is http://cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com/vault/forum/messages/47309.html, was posted on August 7th, 2000, and is in vault 150. One of these will get you there. Regards. Michaelson

Namely, the attachment to the rear panel. Apparently, the atachments on the rear were "repaired" at one point, and the person doing the work saw fit to put them under the panel. The documentation the owner later provided confirmed that the ring attachment should in fact be on top of the rear panel, secured by two rows of stitching with a space in between them. In doing the "repair" they were assured that the original stitching holes were used. As such, the configuration of the Expedition jacket is a reproduction of the original configuration.

Hope this helps - cheers!

-Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: