A sad story of the loss of a HJ hat, with a happy ending.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Walker from r75h19.res.gatech.edu on December 08, 2000 at 21:56:29:

I sent my HJ fedora to be resized about 5 or 6 months ago. After I realised, "hey, where the heck is my hat?" I called HJ to find out what the deal is. I was told by the man there that he had not gotten any Indy hat resizes in a very long time and said that my hat never got there. The man said it is not uncommon for hats to be lost on the trip from UK to US, but rare for them to be lost on the trip from US to UK. He told me that HJ sends many many hats to New York frequently for the Horse Racing(or something with horses, Saratoga?) and that with every shipment, thousands of pounds(as in money) of hats are lost. He told me to call the USPS and ask them about the problem however in the last 6 months I have lost the slip I got when I mailed the hat....SO....I told my mother this and she asked if I wanted another one for Christmas, Guess what I said? Yes, u guessed it. I hope its here for Christmas, although I highly doubt it. To my last HJ, you will not be forgotten. I bet some greedy corrupt mailman is wearing a damn nice hat right about now.

Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]