I have seen that movie, and...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0264.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on December 11, 2000 at 02:50:03:

In Reply to: Re: Hauer the Nazi... posted by John Heltsley on December 11, 2000 at 00:30:37:

: : To see how well Rutger Hauer portrays a Nazi check out the made for HBO movie "Fatherland" (or is it "Motherland"?), circa 1993.

: I was thinking of the same movie. It's "Fatherland", and was a made-for-HBO (or Showtime?). It was based off of a book of the same name. Great book; pretty good movie.

: The basic prinicple was that the US never entered WW2 (I don't recall, but I think Japan never attacked the US.). Hitler conquered most of Europe, and the Nazi party was still alive and well in the early 90's. Rutger Hauer plays an SS Officer who is investigating a murder. Problems ensure, etc. Not all that bad, really. Worth the $1.50 to rent from Blockbuster if you're bored.

: Later,

: - John

I thought Hauer was pretty good in it. Also, who could forget his performance as The Hitcher (a rather nasty, some might say trashy film). Flesh and Blood was memorable too. Rutger Hauer is a great character actor whose face doesn't scream "villain" at first sight. He would be an excellent choice! :)
FG
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: