Re: Prop gun for Indy holster.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Freudenthal from ws126-252.critz.msstate.edu on December 11, 2000 at 03:36:19:

In Reply to: Re: Prop gun for Indy holster. posted by Indiana Valdez on December 11, 2000 at 02:02:28:

: Hey hey! Looks nice. Very similar. I haven't really looked into prop guns before. In the meantime, I use my Crosman pellet revolver. Fits like a glove in my Noel Howard holster, and it looks and feels pretty real too!

: : Here's a pic of the prop revolver I puchased from prop.guns.com. It's a molded plastic copy of a S&W 38 cal. Close as I could find to the 45 cal. The butt ring I made from rings from hardware store stuff.
: : Cheers,
: : Ellison

Has anyone thought of modifying the Crosman 357 to look like a Webley? I mean, the gun barrel and "cylinder" hinge downwards like the the Webley. The Crosman is available in two barrel lengths, one of which matches the Webley Indy carries. One could possibly do some shaping and adjustment to get the Webley profile, put in new grips and all. I was thinking even take a Dremel tool or something similar to the "cylinder" and making those shallow depressions that outline the cylinder into deeper, realistic gaps. It's been something on my to-do list, but won't happen for some time. All in the spirit of accuracy, yet its cheap, can be used for target shooting, and no severe legal restrictions.

John Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]