My HJ hat...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on December 11, 2000 at 06:50:56:

Hey gang:
Just out of curiousity, and in light of the "newest" info surrounding the HJ fedora, I measure my hat.
I found that the crown height, unbashed, was 6 inches. This is after some minor shrinkage over the last 2 years. Also, the brim dimensions were an "even" 2 7/8 x 2 3/4.
When I ordered my hat 2 years ago, Mr. Swales didn't think they'd be able to accomodate me as I suffer from "big head-itis" (size 63 - not sure in American). He looked around his shop/inventory for awhile and came back on the phone to tell me that he had one left.
Now the thing is, I messed around with the hat a bit to make it look like the "Raiders" fedora, and it looks pretty damn close. I have a picture of me wearing it, next to a still from "Raiders" and it looks almost identical. I say almost because obviously Harrison Ford's head and my head are of different sizes.
Out of the box it looked like a dead-on LC hat, but like I said, a little modification and it looks like the "Raiders" fedora, at least enough for me!
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: