I disagree with the Catherine Zeta Jones thing!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent Allard from dial25.insolwwb.net on December 11, 2000 at 16:51:19:

In Reply to: Entertainment Tonight verdict... posted by Austin Powers on December 11, 2000 at 02:20:19:

: I just got done watchin' that Entertainment Tonight special on Indy, which didn't live up to its potential. I guess it was cool to see, period, but it could've been better. For one thing the majority of the interviews(at least the Spielberg ones for sure) were taken directly from the behind-the-scenes add-ons that were part of the new trilogy box set. Secondly they spent more time on River Phoenix and Catherine Zeta-Jones than on anyone else. I can see where they were going with Phoenix(maybe a VH1 Behind The Music-type tragedy angle), but the Zeta-Jones thing was bull. She was in a Young Indy movie...who cares? They spent maybe a whole minute on Short Round. I wanted to see more about him, more about Marion, Sallah, anybody. They NEVER mentioned Denholm Elliot once and they showed Allison Doody for a split-second. I think the VH1 specials are A LOT better. They get brand new interviews and clips for every Behind The Music. As far as Indy 4 talk it was same ol' same ol'. The classic "We're waitin' for a good script" line they been feedin' us for years. They mentioned Michelle Yeoh and the Costner brother possibility(which I thought was abandoned long ago) and they fact that they all would like to do a fourth. But nothing new, nothing concrete.

: Ahh but what can ya do. It WAS cool nonetheless. They had some slick graphics and whip sounds. Anyhoo pretty soon we'll all get to run to the mailbox every day in anticipation of the N64 game's arrival.

: Austin Powers

I wish she had been there longer, maybe the program should have been 3 hours... because it sure as hell didn't cover all that it should! Yeah they should have had SOMETHING about Marcus... more about IV (well something we didn't know at least)! And I just hope to GOD Michelle Yeo is not in IV, if she is I'll... well I'll wait till it comes out on video!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]