OOPS! Sorry bout that Danno. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-58.col.cableone.net on December 12, 2000 at 23:22:51:

In Reply to: Re: I wonder how much they'll sell it for?? posted by Danno on December 12, 2000 at 20:47:44:

: The books, movies, cd's and the basic junk they have listed comes from people dropping the stuff in the mailbox. Here is how it happens: Your book, cd or movie club sends you that months selection, you say, "Forget this, I didnt order it, or dont want it". You open it, check it out, take out the receipt and drop the box back in the mail stream marked "RETURN TO SENDER". Well once you open a package, letter or anything from the post office you just cancelled the postage already paid on it. So in turn the post office sends it back to the book club or wherever it came from, and they refuse to pay the postage due on the item, hence they dont get the goods being returned. Post office, having no idea where it came from, has to get rid of it somehow. I pick up at least 3-4 packages a week under that very circumstance. When you pick it up out of a drop box, you have no idea where it came from. And the book and cd clubs, 95% of them anyway, will not accept postage due articles of any kind period, dont even ask, they will not take it, theirs or not. We, the mailman who comes to your house everyday, are not supposed to accept any packages at all anymore because of this and airline security reasons.

: As for the jacket, man that flat out sucks, you have every reason to be really pissed. The "claims dept", if thats what you really want to call it is a joke! I wont even begin to list their idiotic ways and reasons. If they give you the runaround for too long, or bs you around too much, contact your local Congressman, they have ways of getting things done in the post office that others cant.

: As for Fido, look at it this way, the mailman is just some schlep like myself tryin to feed the kids, we didnt lose your package, and actually feel for you, we deal with you every day, why would we want to piss you off? I treat all my customers on my rt like family! When they go on vacation, I feed Fido, watch the house, and just make sure everything looks cool. Got it?

: But if you must, sick Fido, see you and your insurance man in court, guess who will win?

: Danno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]