Re: Laurie, email me

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 02, 1998 at 19:52:20:

In Reply to: Re: YIJC Cards posted by Laurie Jensen on September 01, 1998 at 12:50:18:

: : How many cards are in the entire YIJC collection? I personally have 1-95, and 10 3-D cards. I thought I saw blue packs of cards a few years ago; did they make a second series?
: : While we are on the subject; what other Indy card series are there, and how many are in these sets?
: : Thanks.

: I just bought a complete Young Indy set at a flea market. The set consists of 95 cards, 10 3-D cards, 5 viewers cards, and 8 activity cards. I have no idea if a second set of cards were made, but I seem to remember some mention of Young Indy widevision cards, but I may be mistaken about that series.

: As for other card series, I know of only two-a single set of 88 cards (plus 11 stickers, I think) for both Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom. From what I've read on this board, cards weren't issued for Last Crusade, and I have to admit, I've never seen any listing for them in dealer magazines or online catalogs. Topps did a terrible job distributing these sets; back in 1981 I was only able to buy 6 packs of Indy cards before they disapeared and the Temple of Doom cards were never released to stores out here. Fortunately, at that same flea market I was able to buy a mint, complete set of TOD cards as well as an unopended box of TOD cards. This guy had two other complete TOD sets, a complete Young Indy set, another unopened box, and a box with only a few missing packs, so this stuff is still out there if you can find it. Dealers will also sell complete sets, but at a high price; expect to pay $20-25 dollars for a set from a card shop.

:
: Hope this helps.

Laurie, please email me offline. I can't seem to get your address to work, and have a question to ask. Thanks. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]