Re: The dye of shoulder bag's leather strap comes off

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 03, 1998 at 10:23:47:

In Reply to: Re: The dye of shoulder bag's leather strap comes off posted by D.Borton on September 03, 1998 at 10:08:50:

: : Hi everyone in the world of Indy:

: : Greeting from Taipei. I am Indy fan in Taiwan and I do collect every Indy costume. Few days ago I received my shoulder bag's leather strap from the boot shop which called Borden Boots and Leather in MI. But some how the strap's dye continuing comes off and spreads all over my shirt after I connect it to my bag and I have no idea of it. Does anyone know how to do with it ? Please help me to solve it, Thank you very much.

: : Azuma
: : PS. Do you know Borden Boots and Leather changed their price for the strap and whip holster. My friend in LA paid them for US$80 to got 2 straps and 1 whip holder.

:
: I am sorry to hear about your problem with the bag strap. After reading you note, I immediately called Borden's, Unfortunately I just missed the owner. I did leave a message with one of the employees, letting them know about the problem with the strap releasing the dye/stain. I should hear back from him with in the next day or so.

: I have also noticed a small amount of the dye that came off of my strap. Basically it seems to just be light streaks where the strap rubs against the cloth, it is definitely more noticeable on white clothing though. So far I have not found it to be a major problem, but then I really don't wear it that often. It sounds like your situation is worse. Basically if you want to keep the strap, your best bet would be to follow Michaelson's directions.

: As for the price, $80 sounds a bit high for the three Items + normal shipping rates. I am not sure what the deal is, But I will check into it as well.

: To any one else, If your thinking about ordering the bag strap, I would recommend holding off ordering until I hear back form them, and get things straightened out. There was also some recent confusion on the buckle color as well. The buckles used in the movies were plain steel or silver. Borden's has both gold and silver. If you do order be sure to specify which one you want.

: Dan

Dan, just a bit of info for you...to have the straps custom made here in Southern Tennessee, they run around $35 each. Since I already had a whip carrier, I wouldn't know what that would run. Anyway, I don't believe based upon what we're paying that your man sounds to out of line with the market. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]