Hmmm...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on December 18, 2000 at 15:21:37:

In Reply to: Bret posted by Michaelson on December 18, 2000 at 11:26:56:

: It's been said before, this isn't the place for these type of political debates. For every point you make above, a citizen of the US can make counter points against them, and point out problems that the Canadians have particular to Canada, but to what purpose? All you're creating is bad feelings, and strengthing the stereotypes that you, yourself, list. Drop it. Personally, after reading your rant here, I'll have to say I've lost a lot of respect for you, as you've painted all citizens of the US with a very wide brush, and that suprises me that you hold such a narrow minded view. I thought better of you. One of my best "Indy" friends that I have made over the years here on the internet lives and works in Toronto, lifetime citizen of Canada, and he holds exactly the opposite views of every point you've listed above, so I'm very happy to see not every Canadian holds your narrow minded viewpoint. Speaking for myself, I'd appreciate not reading these types of diatribe on this forum. This is not the place for it. (I hope I spelled that correctly, graml) And please don't write back say "he started it", because you fired the first shot. We all need to remember we're only guests of this forum, through the generosity of Micah. Let's not wear out our welcome here. Michaelson

First off, it's spelled "Brett" not "Bret" (we don't need graml to clarify this ;) ).

Well, I'm sorry if I have not impressed you Michaelson, but I'm afraid I'm a little puzzled as to why you think I hold a narrow-minded view on this. True, I do admit that I may have over-generalized some of your nations negative points, but overall, I don't think it's that narrow-minded.

Comparitively, I'd have to say that IndyFan 20288808 over there is the one with the more narrow-minded view with how he just doesn't give a fu*k on whether I accept Bush, on how his country is the best ever to be formed, etc.

Yes I know, this is hardly the place to discuss politics. You may be right, I fired the first shot, but he is the one to have planted the seed.

From now on, I'll just learn to keep my mouth shut when it comes to topics like these (or at least try to do witty one-liners like graml's post below ;) ). Sorry to waste your time Michaelson.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]