Re: Wested: an UNDESERVED bad reputation

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on December 19, 2000 at 11:48:47:

In Reply to: Wested: an UNDESERVED bad reputation posted by Indy Pete on December 19, 2000 at 02:58:32:

Well said Peter.

I also have the lambskin Wested, like a lot of other people here. I do agree it is a fine jacket. I even got it soaked for a couple hours in the pouring rain in NYC. It wrinkled on the bottom but a dry cleaning fixed it. A lot of lesser coats wouldn't have handled it at all.

I think there is one point to be made. The Wested is the only one that really LOOKS like the Indy jacket, IMO. Look at the US Wings page, or the pics of flightsuits, and then look at your Wested. There's a certain feel to look of the jacket that the others just don't have. Wested IS the Indy jacket. The others are, again IMO, very nice looking jackets that I wouldn't mind owning, but there's just something missing. ( I probably will still be buying a flightsuits for general wear though. I put a very deep scratch, almost tore the Wested opening the gate on the driveway going to work. As that's something I'll be doing fairly often, I think the Wested will be waiting in my closet for the days I want to look a little nicer....lambskin is ultimately a "dress" leather )

Hope you get many years out of your Wested...I plan to get quite a few out of mine...

Regards,
BK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: