Bet they meant Hare Felt. Hare being rabbit. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-106.col.cableone.net on December 19, 2000 at 17:54:38:

In Reply to: Re: Interesting fedora on eBay posted by Michaelson on December 19, 2000 at 12:37:20:

: : : I came across an interesting item on eBay yesterday, item number 527233409. Though in German, I forwarded the posting over to our old friend Max Schulte of IndyDiggs for a translation. He wrote back saying, roughly, the description is as follows, "Made by the infamous shop Mayser (over 100 years old)color mud brown,size M ,ca 56-58 cm. This hat is new !! Same as the Disney hat, but better quality. This is the licensed replica by LucasFilm. Inside written "Young Indy Chronicles" TM 1992, LucasFilm LTD....etc". This fedora was once mentioned in a past posting by our friend Dan Borton, and Max supplied me with a link to the European Indy link, which I added below for your "reading pleasure". The description of the hat is on this page. Thanks, Max, for your help with this translation. Something new for the forum to ponder. Regards. Michaelson

: : The pictures on the site look a little "flat"...I wonder about the actual appearance, sizing, crown height, and brim width of the hat....and would the one on eBay be the wool felt or the "hairfelt"...and what the heck is hairfelt anyway?!?!?

: : Just some more to think about!
: : Indydawg

: I assume it's their spin on "fur felt". Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: