Show us those pictures!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0679.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on December 20, 2000 at 17:29:35:

In Reply to: I partially agree with you.... posted by Krunch on December 20, 2000 at 17:14:22:

The crux with items off the peg is the fact that sizes are really not standardized. Brands differ quite a bit. For example, I wear shoes anywhere from a size 10 to an 11! I'm sure that my feet don't change. I also have jackets that are a size 42, others are 44, or even bigger! Maybe it would be a good idea to measure sleeve lenght and lenght of the jacket, then ask them which size that equals. Don't forget to post those pictures! :)
FG

: I agree with what you guys are saying, because Ford's jacket was tailor-made for him, so I don't expect a 100% match on the Flight Suits jacket. But, as a point of reference, I have an Avirex A-2 jacket that is an off-the-shelf 38 Regular. It fits me *perfectly* (Well, except when I raise my arms - no gussets or pleats on A-2s). The chest and sleeve lengths are fine, and the bottom of the jacket is just right below the belt line, just like the Ford picture I told you about. So based on my experience, I was expecting the off-the-shelf FS Indy jacket to fit in a similar fashion.

: Over the holidays I'm going to take some pictures of me wearing the jacket to show you what I'm talking about....

: Krunch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]