Re: Peter Brothers? Those guys are finished.....NOT LIKELY

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Spatsman from spider-wc043.proxy.aol.com on December 20, 2000 at 18:22:22:

In Reply to: Peter Brothers? Those guys are finished..... posted by 3k$ on December 20, 2000 at 16:17:01:

: If you need dentures, do you buy 'em carved out of wood or ivory, or do you demand fine plastic?!

Actually, the vast majority of hat wearers demand quality felt as they have for more then 100 years. I understand that what you are doing is a fine alternative for costume reasons, and your work is excellent, judging by the pictures you posted. I applaud your work and your attention to detail.
However, in no way shape or form is a company that has been open since 1911 and making hats since the early 30's in any sort of trouble because another fan can also make a similar hat. Some of us knew about Peter Bros. LONG before it was ever mentioned on this Forum. I knew they made quality hats OF ALL SORTS AND STYLES in 1985.
They are professional hatmakers, rare these days, and they have the highest regard for the individual tastes of the customer. They understand the demand for quality, comfort and practicality.
They will be here for quite awhile. I for one found your product interesting until you decided to dismiss Peter Bros. for a second time in as many days. I didn't find it funny the first time.
You have talent, obviously, but your product is no substitute for a custom-made and accurate felt fedora.
Peter Bros. finished?
Please.
They were successful long before this Forum gave them a seal of approval. You are no threat to their business. If you want to offer your product, feel free. It's appreciated. Do so without presumption in the future, ok?
BTW...if you were joking, I didn't find it amusing, but you can ignore this rant.
~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]