Is the Infernal Machine an Indy game, or Dungeons and Dragons?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU227.mpls.uswest.net on December 20, 2000 at 19:56:57:

I'm not happy with this game. The first board was "Indyish", but just about everything since has nothing to do with the Indy look. The first board has you in a Utah(I think) desert finding jewels and leaping across chasms, but the next boards have you in totally foreign scenery for Indy fans. Running in the snow shooting wolves, and talking to some psycho old lady. But even I could stomach this stuff...but the straw that broke the camel's back was the gigantic hissing ice beast. I mean what the hell is this about? No matter how many times you shoot it he's still hangin' around, crappin' icicles down on ya. I give up. This isn't an Indy game. If Indy was replaced by some peasent in a robe nobody would even realize it. The only thing that makes anyone think about Indy is his outfit. Take away the outfit and this's just another freaky fantasy game. I keep waitin' for some midgets and pixies to pop out.

One more thing, has anyone else noticed the glitches in this thing? Mine game has frozen a couple times. I've seen Playstation do this, but NEVER an N64 game. Hell, the original Nintendo never froze. And on the snow stages I get flashes of a black screen quite regularly. Sometimes Indy gets stuck or swims in mid-air for no reason at all. Maybe Lucas was too embarrassed to distribute this in stores.

They've got all the tools and technology needed to make one hell of a game, but this isn't it. I like the "Greatest Adventures" game for Super Nintendo better, and that's more than 5 years old. Why didn't they just make an updated version of that for the new system. At least that game "feels" like Indy. Come to think if it the character actually looked more like Indy too.

Oh well. I guess everything takes a back seat to the Star Wars junk. Nothing gets nearly as much attention and work put into it.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]