Re: Flight Suits Jacket: *Still* Not Sized Correctly....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from flightsuits-64-66-16-66.4d.net on December 20, 2000 at 20:22:22:

In Reply to: Flight Suits Jacket: *Still* Not Sized Correctly.... posted by Krunch on December 20, 2000 at 15:36:34:

:
: Well, it took them less then a day to ship it to me! Kudos to UPS on that one. Anyway, the jacket was an exchange from a 38 Tall to a 36 Tall, and I gotta be honest, I'm still not happy with the sizing.

: The chest is much better, but is still a couple of inches bigger than I would like. The sleeve length is tolerable, but I'd prefer another inch on 'em. But what really continues to bother me is the length of the body: the bottom of the sleeves and the bottom of the body of the jacket are still at the same length. This just isn't right. Check out the link below of a pic of Ford in the jacket to see what I'm talking about. His sleeve bottoms are 2 inches below the bottom of the body of the jacket (And the jacket bottom is only a couple of inches below the belt). When I wear my FS jacket, it *does not* look like this; if you look at the picture, imagine my jacket's body ending about the same level where his sleeves end. It's better than the 38 Tall I originally had, but it still doesn't look "right".

: Now I realize that on tall sizes Flight Suits adds length to the body as well as the sleeves, but you'd expect the proportions to stay correct. So I'm not too thrilled right now, and I have to figure out what I'm going to do from here. I'll probably contact Flight Suits and see if they can make me a 36 regular body with 38 tall (Or unhemmed) sleeves for a fair price (And not the $125 made-to-measure price that they charge).

: Oh well, that's my story. Anybody have any suggestions?

: Krunch

: PS - Besides the sizing, it's a great jacket. It's constructed very well, the lamb is the right color, and overall it's a very professional product. If you're considering buying one, go for it!

: I am not using my regular computer due to hard drive crash, but the jacket bottom must be a certain length below the waist. Ford has a short torso and long arms. To maintain the same ratio on someone with standard length arms the bottom of the jacket would be above the belt line. FS will do a short body with long sleeves, long body with regular sleeves, etc., for $28.00 not $125.00 For the $125.00, you get a pattern made to your measurements. Also, the picture you linked to is from LC not Raiders. Different jacket! Regards, Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]