Re: Designed this way????? Sleeves are too short? Not really

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leo2space140.utsi.edu on December 21, 2000 at 13:32:38:

In Reply to: Designed this way????? Sleeves are too short posted by Michigan Smith on December 20, 2000 at 19:09:45:

: The sleeves on this one look the same length as the body too. What gives?

I believe it's the angle that the picture was taken from. If you'll notice the sleeve on the left side of the picture...that one is shorter than the body, and the one on the right is slight folded over, giving it a steep angle to the bottom of the coat, making it appear to be the same length. The sleeve on the left side is the actual length to the body, or at least that's how mine fits me. The sleeves are definitely shorter than the body, and with my arms hanging to my side, the sleeves hit right at the top of my hand, just past the base of the thumb. This is exactly the correct length for a coat made to US industry sizing. We're all used to the Wested sleeves, where the sleeves are probably an inch or two longer in length, but Peter states himself that he makes all his jacket sleeves longer, as they tend to ride up with wear and the extra length helps negate that in time. That's what we're seeing in the pictures of Ford in his jacket. The FS jacket is made exactly to the correct sizing as provided by the standard body to sleeve industry length. Like Dr. Brody says above, you can have it made longer, but that's a custom fit to custom customer measurements. You are right, though, it did take some getting used to, as I've never worn a jacket made exactly to my size, being used to sleeves two to three inches longer than what is considered industry normal. I have no problems with either type, FS standard or Wested long. It's just all in how the jacket is made. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]