Coming to grip with genetics...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 1Cust200.tnt3.sea1.da.uu.net on December 21, 2000 at 13:35:39:

In Reply to: Flight Suits Jacket: *Still* Not Sized Correctly.... posted by Krunch on December 20, 2000 at 15:36:34:

I've struggled with these same issues with Wested and US Wings. I guess I had reconciled things by the time it came to Flight Suits. Off the rack, this style of jacket will have sleeves not dramatically longer (if at all) than the body. But a bit of history?

In my younger days, I used to take a bit of perverse pleasure whenever I had to be sized fo a suit or tux. The old Patterson gene pool left us all with "big bones" and a "low center of gravity". It came in handy on the football field and the weight room, but I will never be mistaken for Harrison Ford. I do not have a short torso and long arms - most leading men do. As I graduated from college and had to buy suits, the experience was not quite so entertaining. I'd easily drop $400 just on alterations to an off the rack 48 Long.

Anyway, the pattern makers at Flight Suits took specifications we obtained from a jacket made for a person who was short waisted and had relatively long arms. They are professionals, and as such they standardized the specs for a production jacket incorporating the details we've been looking for. If you want a reporduction of the Ford jacket, order a 40 Regular, -1/2 inch on the length, +1/2 inch on the arms. I believe those were the calculated correct proportions of the original?

Anyway, I don't know your specific build - but based on the difficulty I've had all my life getting sized, I have some ideas. Flight Suits nailed it for me. The jacket fits like a glove. I do not get the long sleeved look Ford does, but I can only blame my parents for that one.

Give Dave Marshall a call - he'll make sure you're happy. If you'd like, I'd be happy to help out.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: