Strap Information

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from piweba5y-ext.prodigy.com on September 04, 1998 at 11:24:41:

In Reply to: The dye of shoulder bag's leather strap comes off posted by Azuma on September 02, 1998 at 23:50:37:

: Hi everyone in the world of Indy:

: Greeting from Taipei. I am Indy fan in Taiwan and I do collect every Indy costume. Few days ago I received my shoulder bag's leather strap from the boot shop which called Borden Boots and Leather in MI. But some how the strap's dye continuing comes off and spreads all over my shirt after I connect it to my bag and I have no idea of it. Does anyone know how to do with it ? Please help me to solve it, Thank you very much.

: Azuma
: PS. Do you know Borden Boots and Leather changed their price for the strap and whip holster. My friend in LA paid them for US$80 to got 2 straps and 1 whip holder.

I did hear back from Borden's Leather this morning. Regarding the dye coming off the bag strap, they did not know there was a problem. However they appreciated finding out about it. They will do everything they can to fix it so that there will not be a problem with future orders. According to them they do use a sealant after staining the leather, which should keep any of the dye from rubbing off. They were not exactly sure why it is coming off so badly in Auzuma's case.

Basically here is the scoop. The longest leather strap they can get form their supplier is a reddish brown color leather. The shop uses a dark brown leather stain or dye to darken it up. Up to this point they stained both sides of the leather. According to them they will now only stain the front or smooth side to help avoid this problem. Apperantly the rough backside of the leather is where the problem is originating. Though it should not effect the over all look of the strap. They are also looking into locating a factory dyed dark brown strap from their supplier, but so far have had little luck.

If you do have a problem with the stain comming off the strap, they recommended washing it, or rubbing it down with wet cloth and soap to remove any excess dye/stain. However if you have any concerns you might want to contact the shop.

BTW Their Official prices are Whip Holster $15.00 and Bag Strap $25.00.

Hope this Helps,

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: