What's up with putting music from other movies on trailers.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from cust-156-197.as04.bois.eli.net on December 23, 2000 at 21:25:41:

I know it's kinda off topic, but related.

I'm wondering what the heck is up with putting music from another movie's score, on a trailer?

I distinctly remember hearing a track from the Ghost and the Darkness on a trailer for that lame move about the anti-superheros (the one with perv Pee-Wee Herman). It seems like it might have played at the begining of Episode I.

Then the other day I wen't to see Vertical Limit (pretty good movie btw), and hearing a track from the BraveHeart soundtrack played durring a trailer. It might have been All the Pretty Horses, though I'm not sure... if not it was another preview for a movie that was more of a drama like that one.

Any comments on why this is done? I mean common? Multi-million dollar films, and they can't even get someone to write a little trailer music? Especialy stealing from a movie/soundtrack like BraveHeart.

Oh and I know they've got all the legalities of it worked out, I'm just talking about ethical/quality side of this whole idea.

--(a realy tired) Fiddler

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]