Re: Anybody Know of a Great Brass Cleaner?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on September 04, 1998 at 22:52:08:

In Reply to: Re: Anybody Know of a Great Brass Cleaner? posted by Greg on September 04, 1998 at 20:16:38:

: : I received my bags this afternoon and they look great. There's just one minor problem-the brass snaps and drainage holes are a little oxidized and could use some cleaning. Anyone know of a brass cleaner that won't damage the rest of the bag?

: : Thanks in advance.

: If you don't mind my lack of info, from whom did you buy the shoulder bags? Do they have more? I have one already but would like another. And I think "Brasso" (the old military favorite for brass cleaning) would probably do the trick but I would simply just use masking tape or plastic bag material to cover the fabric surrounding the brass parts. Equally, I'm sure you'd be fine if you just immediately wipe off any you might get on it with a damp cloth.

: Greg

I guess, you've missed the never ending saga of my search for bags, lol. I'm not really sure if the dealer I bought the bags from has any left. You see, when I received my first set of bags, they were Mk VI the issue before the Indy bag, not the correct MkVII. I emailed the dealer and he was very apologetic; it seems that he has a new supplier and this person sent him Mk VI bags rather than Mk VII's. He promised to hunt up a couple of Mk VII bags for me (whether they were from his supply or some militaria buddy, I don't know) and they came today. He has a webpage and a link to his email, so you can find out if he has any bags left. After dealing with me, he should know what you want.

Here's the info:

What Price Glory
http://members.aol.com/wpglory/index.html/#germgear
phone number (408) 754-2351

Also, thanks for the info on the cleaner.

Laurie.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]