got my wested!!! praise, compliants, and anything else inside:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by satch from user-37ka8uc.dialup.mindspring.com on December 25, 2000 at 01:23:15:

ok, first of all, i'll say what's great about the jacket: it fits me perfectly... i measured my chest over a t-shirt and then added an inch for the size. the sleeves are a bit too long, but i can get over that. the leather is very nice (i got the new lamb skin). it is super suple and the satin lining is luxurious. this is not a rugged jacket, i would consider it a high fashion jacket for around town wear, but i'll wear it untill it falls apart more than likely. the pockets are plenty big enough and the jacket is moderately warm in below freezing temps.
now the negatives: first of all, while the jacket is great, it is not at all what i ordered. i requested a jacket with the raider's collar, temple press studs on the storm flap, leather zipper and collar facings, and gussets under the arms. i got NONE of these requests. i have great doubts as to whether my jacket was tailored at all (have you ever had a tailored suit with the size label put in it?). the jacket appears to be an off the rack raiders jacket. the side straps are not double or triple stitched, but only single, which makes me nervous. the action pleats have no stay flex or whatever it was peter claimed to be puting in the new jackets (a feature i felt i was very lucky to be receiving). it also took me from october ninth to december 23rd to get the jacket, and during that time i was told my jacket was to be shipped twice, and then half way through december was informed that they didn't have my address, which proves they were no where even close to actually shipping my jacket (i consider this proof of a lie).
final thoughts: the jacket itself is great, but i strongly suggest buying from another vendor. i've been lied to and given the run around. i will probably keep it, but this is because i don't want to have to call a man who i feel has screwed me over and hear him be all nice and cheerful. i'm sure someone will tell me to talk to him, but i'm sick of the whole deal now. ok, bye for now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]