Prescott, where are you?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jr from lou-ts10-44.iglou.com on December 25, 2000 at 02:30:21:

Hey, I couldn't find your email address.
Have a question for you. Liked your run down of your FS ordering tactics.
1. Does the inside collar area on the Expo differ from yhe Wested. Meaning, the Wested DOES NOT have a band of leather where the hanging tab is located. It's either cotton or satin, depending on your lining. Does the Expo have this area made out of leather like it should or is it like the Wested?

2. You said the Expo expansion pleats work flawlessly. My concern is that, from the website pics, it looks as though the pleats are no more than pieces of leather that overhang the side area of the jacket. Do they really expand the back of the jacket like the Wested does? I ask because the Wested, although it has it's faults on the way the pleats stay nice and flat over time, thay do expand properly unlike other Indy jackets out there.

3. Lastly, I am 6' with shoes, 5'11" barefoot. Weight is about 160. The Wested I own is a 40Reg. and I believe is a hair too big. Do you think I should go with a 38Reg.? Also, I'm aware of there sleeve legnth problem. BY THE WAY, THEY BETTER CHANGE THEIR STANDARD SLEEVE LENGTHS FOR THIS JACKET IF THEY WANT FEWER RETURNS. Anyway, on their sizing chart, a 38Reg. comes with 32.5" sleeves. This is unacceptable as I wear a 34" sleeve in a dress shirt. In addition, I would like the sleeves to end just above the middle of the hand, which, in my case, require a sleeve length of 36. So the question is, should I order a 38Reg. with an additional 3.5" added to the sleeves or just order the standard produced 38Reg., get the jacket, see how much longer I need the slevves and ship it back to be corrected?
By the way, if I go with option one, is that a returnble item or would I be stuck with it since it was altered in the sleeves?
And, what is the best method for giving them your shoulder size? Do you even have to if your ordering a standard size with no alterations? If you do, what's the best way you found to do it?

4. Sorry, thought of something else. I read that you went from lamb to "chrome tanned"...what the...? I suspected that the lamb would be the best choice. You said it was too shiny? The goat seems to me as stiff and plastic like. Explain your reason for change again.

Yes, it's Christmas Day....2:30 in the morning.
Just arrived back in town, had these questions and wanted to right 'em out before I forgot.

Happy Holidays, jr

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]