Re: Jurassic park was no masterpiece/dont forget about Lucas

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Inbanana Jones from 00-90-27-76-57-f2.bconnected.net on December 26, 2000 at 17:58:13:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones 4- What matters is the outcome posted by Indy fan 028342 on December 26, 2000 at 14:19:22:

: Well...there are some unspoken spielburg projects (batteries not included) and a few others he produced which aren't artistic masterpieces. Goonies is not an artistic masterpiece in film since, but it's still one of my all time favorites...but not to seem like I'm slamming you....just kind of lowering your spielburg clouds a bit. I agree though...in todays sense....spielburg/lucas is a good combo for indy. Lost World was good...until Spielburg decided to take a dino to San Diego...(that was his idea...not in the original script) Oh well...

**I dont get the aura of perfection people put around Jp while at the same time they rip into Lost World. LW was a simple matinee style adventure story. JP tried to be one part frankenstein and one part irwin allen disaster film and failed at both. It had groundbreaking effects--that's all. The story and characters were flat. The children were nauseating(funny, considering that the real message of the film isnt about dinosaurs, but learning to like children! Grant starts out hating kids, gets invited to the island where he is forced to spend time with kids, then protect kids, then you know he loves kids as he watches the birds flying along the water. Awe, so nice. ;D )
Lost World was messy but it had a plot. The last bit was ripped right from King Kong, but they put in humourous ironic touches like when the baby t-rex gets the final kill. Spielberg actualy changed the ending of both films. Jp wasnt originally supposed to have the T-rex reappear to save the day, and LW's original end had them escape the island and face a pteradactyl attack. LW was abit darker and more cynical--a nice change of pace from all the sugar Spiel was spooning us after Temple of Doom and prior to Schindler's List.
Anyway, you must remember the hatchet job Lucas is doing to Star Wars right now. maybe they should have Harrison Ford as a supporting character, with his daughter or son or something as the new adventurer. My vote is for a greco roman story(you had jewish, christian, hindu, muslim should actually be next but L and S would be afraid of stepping on Arab toes again I imagine). The serach for Atlantis or something.
Otherwise, let it end with them riding off into the sunset(oh wait--I forgot about that Young Indiana Jones episode--oh god! Dont let it end with him playing the blues! please1)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]