Re: Q for people who have had a Wested for a while.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arizona Smith from inh1ts14-qfe0.ims.bt.net on December 27, 2000 at 15:15:55:

In Reply to: Q for people who have had a Wested for a while. posted by German Mechanic on December 25, 2000 at 17:50:13:

I've not had my Wested for quite a year yet, and was pretty certain that I'd let it wear with time and use. However, recently I decided to hurry things along a LITTLE with some fine sandpaper around the pockets and all other seams. On the body of the jacket itself I realised that any marks I made didn't quite look real enough. Inspired, I zipped the jacket up over my leather punchbag, wrapped sandpaper round my boxing mitts and knocked ten bells out of the jacket. Crazy as this sounds, it didn't seriously damage the leather, but gave it a nice real, random scratch and wear appearance -- the result of an (albeit faked) action-adventure kinda situation. I applied a good coating of Pecard's which sealed and darkened the leather again. Two weeks later and the wear is starting to gradually reappear. And it looks good, as if this had happened over some time!

Having said this, beware! -- doing this kinda thing is liable to cause you distress, as the Wested looks so great in its pristine state. But if you're like me, you'll get over it (the first few days were tough!) and have yourself an Indy jacket that's at least part way to looking like it's been through some scrapes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]