Re: The Herbert Johnson Nightmare After Christmas, I am so pissed at HJ, Anybody thinking of ordering a HJ read this.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-109.col.cableone.net on December 27, 2000 at 22:01:51:

In Reply to: The Herbert Johnson Nightmare After Christmas, I am so pissed at HJ, Anybody thinking of ordering a HJ read this. posted by Matthew Walker on December 27, 2000 at 14:03:23:

: Ok so I got this slip in the mail yesterday that my new HJ was in but I had to go pick it up at the post office and pay $26.11, so I did. Not so bad, I guess. And this being after I lost my first HJ in the mail after sending it to them to be resized. Anyhoo, I got home, opened the box and guess what, they sent me a completely STOCK Poet. Thats right no red seal, no initials, no pinch, no crease, and no dimensional cut. Well they did flip the brim down, on the WRONG DAMN SIDE. At first I was like what the heck they put the bow on the wrong side, then I realised they just didnt realise which side was the front of the hat and fliped the brim down in the back. Well the good thing that came out of this(and the only good thing) is that I got to see what a stock poet looks like, it has a 3" brim that sharply curves up. If both sides are up it looks like a derby. I wear a 62 or a 7 5/8 and with the crown open it is 5 and 3/4". Oh yeah and after I did pinch and crease it and put it on, it looked so stupid without the dimensional cut. My last HJ looked really nice when I wore it but this one the way it is looks so dumb. Shows you how a few modifications drastically change the look. Well I am very angry to say the least, I am sick of dealing with customs and lost packages and wrong sizes and so on. The people at HJ are gonna get a nice phone call from me tomorrow. And then if they are as helpful as they have been in the past, I might give Peter Bros. a ring.

: Matt

5 3/4 open crown? I kinda of figured they didn't sell the 6 inch variety. If I were you, I would send this hat to PB and have Joe Jr. do the cut on the brim as well as the shaping. Then you would have a hell of a fedora!. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]