Wested Negativity

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on December 28, 2000 at 01:15:42:

For the record, I received exactly what I ordered from Wested, and yes, I did ask for some of the more popular additions. I think it would do well for us to consider that Wested is a business whose business is movies, not the general public. Peter could close himself off from accepting any new orders and be done with it if he so chose. We should be thankful that he's willing to make these jackets at all. It's not just us Indy fans either. I'm sure he gets a good amount of orders for the 'Memphis Belle' A-2's and B-3's as well as the MI-2 coat. Maybe all that's needed is for Wested to expand to meet the increased demand, so that he could focus on movies and public customers could get jackets as quickly as they seem to want. This brings up another point....us, the customers... are we victims of the "instant gratification" culture to some extent? I won't pretend to know the answer, and bing 1:15am, I'm not going to put the brain cells through that pain right now, but it is something to think about. Maybe we all just need to slow down a bit.

BK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]