Re: Wested Negativity...and the Value of that Negativity

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Spatsman from spider-tr033.proxy.aol.com on December 28, 2000 at 02:17:37:

In Reply to: Wested Negativity posted by Brian K. on December 28, 2000 at 01:15:42:

I gotta respond, here.
I am seeing a lot of people with good experiences come to the defense of Wested and Howard Johnson, but these good experiences do not invalidate the rather large number of unsatisfied customers out there. I do not see any reason why some folks have concluded that these business don't owe us professional courtesy. The notion we should be somehow thankful that they are here is a nice and sentimental one, but has no bearing in the realm of exchange and trade.
These business have made it known that they provide certain products, products that have variety of different options available upon request. In the rest of the world, when a business advertizes certain products and their options, and the customer hands over currency for that specific product, they are due that exact product as advertized, personal options included. A steakhouse may spend most of it's time serving beef products, but when I say I need a
beer in the glass and it's brought in the bottle, I am correct to send it back.
I don't sit back and say "That's okay, we should just be thankful they are here at all"
That is crap.
When a company advertizes a product and the options available for that product, the customers have an expectation of those goods for their money. Period. If a coffeehouse brings me tea, then treats me like a pain or an inconvenience when I want the coffee I ordered, they lose my business. Wested and Herbert Johnson are no different.
If they can't provide what they claim they can, then let them lose their customers. They deserve it. Those of you who have had good experiences with these companies, good for you. Those who have been treated poorly, complain and do so loudly! It's your money and your time!
~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]