postal fees etc

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The voice in your head from pt226-240.5300-2.bluep.com on December 28, 2000 at 03:28:32:

In Reply to: My experience with Herbert Johnson posted by Dale Dassel on December 27, 2000 at 16:44:34:

: : I.E. WESTED Leather!

: I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experiences.
: When I ordered my 'Poet,' they did everything correct except for bashing the crown and steaming it into the Raiders style. I did
: the bash myself, then took the hat and some stills from Raiders
: down to a local western wear shop, and they worked on it right in
: front of me, under my close, personal instruction until we had achieved the desired effect.
: Wested turned out like a dream. I called the company to order,
: gave them my measurements, and received the jacket a month and a half
: later. Worked like a charm. Now I DID have to pay $25 for customs fee
: on my jacket; and yesterday I had to dish out $48 for my package from M.B.A. Ltd. I only ordered a pair of pants and a tie. That is strange, because last December I ordered a shirt, pair of pants, and a holster, and the mail man dropped it off withous asking for a dime.
: I'm sure that a phone call will straighten everything out. HJ was very accomodating when I called them to inquire about my order.

: -Dale Dassel

What i do in order to cut out any customs fees is politely ask the sender to declare the value at half its retail amount,describe as gift and send any invoices seperately,Not everyone will do it,but so far i have had 100% success rate.The downside of course is your parcel if it goes missing will be isured at its declared value.It is a gamble and so far i have been lucky.
Sorry to hear about poor form from Herbie Js,i hope they look after you
Happy new year and please be safe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: