Answers: [Well, they're mostly opinions, but anyway...]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem181.runestone.net on December 28, 2000 at 13:31:25:

In Reply to: Is Indy N64 the same as PC? posted by Stuntman on December 28, 2000 at 12:58:35:

: Im thinking about getting the 64 game, but if it's the exact same as the PC, I don't want to waste any money. Also, will the walkthroughs for the PC work for the 64 as well? Thanks guys.

: -Stuntman

The two games are almost identical--meaning that the walkthroughs will entirely work.

Although I [in the minority, I'm sure] would recommend buying this game, in your case, only consider it if you feel like playing it again and had any issues with the PC version's controls.

And then of course, depending on what your computer is like, the 64 version may be better or worse graphically. Textures on the 64 version all run in hi-res with the expansion pak, and there is no fog at all. Plus, there are of course new menus [including a menu that allows you to revisit any of the levels you have played], and, prepare yourself, as an added bonus, the map montage scenes now include an AMAZING OVERLAYED AIRPLANE! Just like in the movies! Gosh! Honestly, though, there are some interesting minor tweaks like this throughout the game.

Anyway, hope that helps!

Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: