Re: Is Indy N64 the same as PC?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-tl023.proxy.aol.com on December 28, 2000 at 17:59:55:

In Reply to: Is Indy N64 the same as PC? posted by Stuntman on December 28, 2000 at 12:58:35:

: Im thinking about getting the 64 game, but if it's the exact same as the PC, I don't want to waste any money. Also, will the walkthroughs for the PC work for the 64 as well? Thanks guys.

: -Stuntman

There are ups and downs to both in my opinion. I own both and I must say that control wise I enjoy the 64 MUCH better. If you're use to the 64 control pad anyway, it's definately a plus. As far as similarities and the games being identical...well, here's my take: The two games all have the same levels, story, setup, etc. The down side to the 64 is that you lose the oh so sweet quicksave option that you had in the PC. That is one of my biggest complaints with the 64 game, but oh well...what can you do? If you want the 64 version to even remotely comapre to the PC as far as sound and graphics, you have to invest in an Expansion Pak...if you don't already have one, it goes for about 30 dollars and greatly improves the graphics and sound, although the sound in the 64 version, specifically the music, still doesn't live up to the PC. But as far as there being some new levels or weapons etc, the N64 game is devoid of these, but it's still a pretty good game...basically, if they came out with a new one, I'd buy it. If you have the 50 bucks, get it for the hell of it, if you don't, play the PC version since you won't really miss anything new.

-GCR

PS- I almost forgot, the ability to do flips as Indy is mysteriously absent from the 64 version...however, the ability to lock onto enemies while firing a gun and strafe from left to right is new for the 64 game.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]