a different Indiana jones

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by michele from usr47-dialup51.mix1.Sacramento.mci.net on September 06, 1998 at 12:32:54:

Regarding Anne Golon author of Angelique series by Nadja Golon(Goloubinoff)email: archangeinternational@yahoo.com
"To all Angelique's readers,
Thank you for being there and making hear the voice of real normal and human people having heart and soul, and expressing their passion for Angelique's books. Here are some short- and real - informations on the author, mostly unknown. As I told in a previous message,Anne Golon is alive. She is today 76. Her real name is Simone Changeux, born in Toulon(France)in december 1921. Her father was captain Pierre Changeux in the French Navy. She began writing at the age of 6 and published her first book "At the Land of Behind My Eyes" while being 18, under the pen name of Joelle Danternne. So she began her writer career, writing several books (most of them best sellers), synopsis for movies, papers in news-papers. While tramping in Africa she met her husband, a scientist(Dr in geology chemistry and speaking about 17 language : Vsevolod Sergeïvich Goloubinoff. Born in Persia where his father, Sergeï Petrovich Goloubinov was the Tzar Consul. They had 4 children and I am one of them (born in Paris in 1955, Nadine Seraphine Goloubinoff, called Nadia or Nadja for friends). Vsevolod Goloubinoff had before written a souvenir book with the help of a French writer and then chosed the pen name of Serge Golon. When they went back to France, they were very poor for years. Serge couldn't find any work in his profession and so they began working together on scientific articles and some of his souvenir(he had a life close to Marco Polo and Indiana Jones) in newspapers, Anne were writing and making it understandable for the public. When she began writing the first Angelique he helped her in her historical researches. The first Angelique was printed in 1956 in Germany under the name of Anne. Later the French agency asked "for making more serious"(we were in 1956)to put only the man name -Serge- which he refused (and Anne did'nt care). A compromised was found with: Anne and Serge or Sergeanne. All these details for understanding about these two names. Concretely, Anne never stopped writing and Serge helped her for the documentation until he consecrated himself to painting and chemical researches on painting colours. This till 1972 where he died while being in Quebec for organising his next exhibition... and Anne for Angelique documentation. Their love story was as great as Angelique and Joffrey. Besides, they had 4 children and I am one of them : born Nadine Seraphinne Goloubinoff in Paris in 1955 (called Nadia or Nadja for friends)and created the company charged to manage Anne and Serge's rights. I'll tell you the next chapters of the story next time. In short, today Anne is in deep misery, struggling against those who thieved most of her authors rights.(Between other things they are responsible for the non-printing of the 3 last books in USA) Until the next trial (in next autumn) how to live?... And our company had to open several procedures against other companies who partly or completely forgot the author. In Russia the average sale of Angelique books is of 14 millions books for one year. And her author has to pick up vegetables in the end of markets for eating!(Most of time I do it for her). Who could believe it? This is reality in the country of human and authors rights.(More info at:
http://198.147.102.107/forums/culture/messages/1161.html
OK. Now for stopping on gloomy things, I just tell you we are preparing for the future the printing of the real original Anne's Angelique manuscripts, which had been mostly badly printed, with a lot of cuttings and errors. Of course we have projects for USA and real new English translations of this tremendous work. Anne also works on the 2 next Angelique books. All help, all suggestions are welcome.As we still don't have computers of our own. I send this message from a computer renting room and we will read all your messages and answer them as soon as we can. See you soon. Nadja G."
"Here is the address of our company (representing Anne Golon's Copyright by Nadja):
ARCHANGE INTERNATIONAL (S.A.R.L. RCS B 404 105 322)
53 rue Boissiere, 75116 Paris
Fax 0033 1 39 55 93 63 - Tel 0033 1 39 54 50 11
All correspondences to ANNE GOLON may be sent to this address."
Angelique site:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/7174/adkinsangel01.html

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: