No...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU173.mpls.uswest.net on December 29, 2000 at 02:52:53:

In Reply to: AUstin or anyone would expansion pack solve this prob of freezing up(nm) posted by J.C. on December 29, 2000 at 01:31:27:

I went out and bought a 4mb Expansion Pack just for the purpose of ridding my game playing of these annoying-ass freeze-ups and freak happenings. It didn't work. I get the "snowy screen" freeze-up at the levitation section aboard the Russian ship. Somehow I squeaked through this part. But I still get these DUMBASS freeze-ups when Indy's jeep gets stuck on something, or when you try to climb something and end up jumping instead, he decides to swim in mid-air forever. Pressing buttons doesn't help. It's SO damn annoying. And there's no rhyme and reason for it. I could see, MAYBE, if it only happened when a SPECIFIC action was done. But it happens whenever it feels like it. I just wanna beat this piece of crap and wash my hands of the whole Lucas Empire. I've said it before and I'll say it again, ol' Uncle Moneybags is out for one thing and one thing only. The Almighty Dollar. And it seems that the Star Wars franchise is his goldmine. Anything else is given a half-assed approach. Indy 4 will NEVER happen in my opinion. After all is said and done and they FINALLY do another Indy after the Star Wars are done, Ford'll be like a hundred anyway. And they'll bring in someone to appeal to a younger crowd, IE the kid from the Mummy or one of the 'NSync mama's boys. Anyhoo, that's all I got to say about that...for now.

Austin Powers

P.S. I'm not sure how big of a help the Expansion Pack was to the graphics. I think it may have depthened(is that a word?) the colors and helped some textures. But I'm not sure if it's worth the $30 if the game still freezes and f's up like it still does.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]