This is a long post...Could Indy have retired (BEFORE YOU GET PRESUMPTUOUS AND KILL ME, READ THE QUESTION FIRST!)?, I announce the trivia winner(s), and a repeat of a past post for professormoriarty. WHEW!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-28-193.snantx.swbell.net on September 06, 1998 at 16:23:44:

Now then. As the title suggests, this will be a long post. Couldn't visit Friday or Saturday because I had a soccer tournament in Plano, TX. Anyway...

In LC, Indy mumbles something about retiring because of the well of petroluem in the library's catacombs. However, the fire Kazam, Kazaam, whatever started probably still is burning. Could Indy retire off of it now if he wanted to?

The winner of my trivia question is...Fedora, who chose...wisely. Fedora picked Algebra, which, weird as it may seem, is right. The picture is part of an illustration to a problem concerning Spielberg movies and ther respective grosses.

Last, but not least, to professormoriarty, who guessed Spanish. I don't know if you read one of my recent (a month or two) posts, but I said that a facsimile Indy poster was in my book in the section concerning entertainment. (By the way, I don't know why my posts can't fill up the whole page, this one probably goes on forever). In the video that goes along with the section, they show the poster and you hear what sounds like the all-too-familiar BUM-BM-BM-BUMMMM played by a mariachi band. This strengthens the notion that Indy isn't just and American icon, but an international if not universal icon.

WHEW! Me thinks that's it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]