I personally wouldn't do it, but it COULD be a wested "pleats" fix

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from 192.217.12.16 on December 29, 2000 at 04:07:59:

hi guys,
just at work right now, the site is slow, and i was staring at my wested. well, i had a thought...and it just might be the answer (probably not though)

earlier today, i was showing my cousin (12 years old) the indy movies for the first time (THAT was his christmas present lol...i'll get him the flicks someday) but we were towards the end of LC, where indy is just walking towards the FIRST "test". (right after daddy gets shot)

his jacket almost seems as if his back isn't attached to the front. well here's my thought.

what if the pleats were BIGGER? i mean they only go, what, an INCH into the jacket? what if they were just like TWO inches? three even? the back would stay the same, of course, but the pleated part of the jacket would not connect to the back until "deeper" into the jacket. this make any sense?

this would provide more movement, but not require these god forsaken "gussets". the gussets were used for the stunt jackets, as far as i can tell, but not the original jacket botwright and ford and everyone came up with. i mean, i think botwright has "slightly" altered the jacket but only to make it more "wearer friendly". if you watch the movies, ford's "pleats" don't stay in either. they go back, because he's lucky, HE'S got production assistants! hehehehehe

just a thought, and i'm REALLY bored at work...bein' an overnight DJ on the internet leaves a lot of time to surf the net! hahahahaha

take care
pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: