I haven't experienced any of that! The only thing I've noticed is...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr1-modem180.runestone.net on December 30, 2000 at 01:57:21:

In Reply to: WOAH WOAH, LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT... posted by Austin Powers on December 30, 2000 at 01:37:41:

...on the Sol's Mines levels, the game sometimes leaves out entire faces of some of the polygons as you go by in the minecar. And that's not so much a glitch as it is a technique to improve framerate. It is really not that noticeable, as it also serves to create the effect of total darkness anywhere the minecar's dim lights do not shine.

This sounds kind of similar to your problem, although the color should not be green, but black [thus the darkenss effect]. If your color settings are not out of whack on your TV, I'm about to raise an eyebrow, here...

As for the "swimming in air," the only thing I've noticed there is if you get stuck in a V-shaped area in which Indy has no perpendicular surface to set foot upon. The game's physics engine then keeps registering Indy as constantly bouncing from one surface to the other, and, as the falling animation dictates, he begins to tip forward a bit [as if "swimming"]. But if this happens in areas that aren't "V-shaped," or if Indy is truly swimming [sans hat, etc.], then...there goes the other eyebrow.

My advice for any hangups like that one is to just save while you're stuck there, then go to the options menu and resume from that save. You should find yourself not far from where you had the trouble.

Oh, and even though you're peeved with it right now, if you get any other games that use the Expansion Pak, you should consider your investment payed off. [Ex.--Go buy Perfect Dark for $40--another recent Player's Choice title. Play for a while, then take out Expansion Pak. Thank lucky stars for Expansion Pak. End Ex.]

Good luck!

Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: