Agreed. That is the style of the serials too (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on December 30, 2000 at 14:36:46:

In Reply to: I would rather keep it simple, and hate the hell out of them. But, that's just the kind of guy I am(nm). posted by Fedora on December 29, 2000 at 19:06:37:

: : Thus spake Marion (in Raiders). I think that sums up some Americans' attitudes well. But on the issue of stereotypes, I really hope the bad guys in Indy 4 will steer away from the typical depiction of "the enemy" (be they Soviet or Chinese communists) and make them more than just dunder-headed two dimensional louts. As a movie goer, I can put up with those types of generalizations concerning our ideological opponents, but I prefer it when the writers go that extra mile and make you feel an emotion for an antagonist rather than simply hate. I don't mind feeling a little empathy or sympathy for even the worst movie bad guy.
: : -graml
: : PS In an interesting turn of events, one of the most popular movie franchises in post-Cold War Russia concerns an ex-Moscow policeman who goes to the "typical" American town of Chicago and shoots the hell out of American punks (many of whom turn out to be from various ethnic and racial minorities). Seems the tables have turned, eh?
: : PPS Sorry 'bout the rant. I promise to do it only once a month...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]