Re: Watch out! It shrinks!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AL from dialup-63.214.109.242.Boston1.Level3.net on December 30, 2000 at 21:17:29:

In Reply to: Watch out! It shrinks! posted by Hugh Jass on December 28, 2000 at 14:40:05:

: I don't know where to start! The Wested is really nice, but there are some more or less serious problems. You said you get the nickel-plated zipper? I hope you don't develop an allergy towards nickel like I did. That was a really bad dermatitis, my friend. No more nickel for me. As for the cowhide, does it have the tendency to shrink just like the lambskin? My Wested's sleeves shrank over an inch after it got soaked in a rainstorm. I suggest you have the sleeves made a bit longer than needed. Since they tend to ride up with wear, this won't be a problem, especially because the sleeves will shrink to lenght - eventually. It was a wise choice to get the gussets (are they really functional?), because the jacket won't smell bad so soon. You plan on running in your jacket, right? BTW, why didn't you ask for two interior pockets? That way, your Wested wont sag on one side only when you decide to carry a few things with you. Also, this would tell you that it was really custom-made!

: Cheers,
: Hugh Jass

: PS: You know about the delivery time, right? I hope you don't gain weight before you get the jacket.

Yes, Mr. Humphries, the jacket will ride up with wear. Ha, ha, ha.

:
: .

: .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: