Re: ToD Hat thing I watched for the 385757639733 time

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from pt32-60.5300-1.bluep.com on December 31, 2000 at 16:23:36:

In Reply to: Re: ToD Hat thing I watched for the 385757639733 time posted by Fedora on December 31, 2000 at 14:13:25:

: : If you all watch Temple of Doom youll see Indy's hat in the beginning when he comes out of the back puts it on-small crown, kinda tapers, brim not to long. U know what Ima talkin' about? Now why all the changes? Look at the bridge seen? It confusing. Because Bridge seen has long brim and tall crown.

: : Id like to know where he got that hat.

: : Regards

Happy new year to all
My theory on the hat size is thatfor interior shots they used a slightly reduced version of the hat so it would "fit in shot".
Remember most of the cockpit stuff is fairly tight close up shots,while the bridge scene is long shots and there is no cabin for indy to bump his hat on.
Just a theory,not an answer,and you are right the hat in the bridge scene does look great
Sam

: I too have noticed several different fedoras showing up in this film. And I love the fedora he wears on the bridge scene. I wish I had some good info to pass on concerning this, but I don't. You may want to check out Indy Gear, and read what Patterson has to say about the hats. Interesting read. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]