Yeah that dude in wonderland will give you some strange opinions, just don't drink the tea!(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from pm11-8.northlink.com on December 31, 2000 at 22:45:52:

In Reply to: Depends on which hatter you talk to.. posted by Fedora on December 31, 2000 at 18:16:54:

: : What's the toughest felt...Beaver? and which is best to have for a hat and who uses what? HJ, PB Stetson...

: First of all, I think it is fairly well known, that rabbit, or perhaps hare, was used in the film hats. And make no mistake about it, this felt, if made properly, is very tough. But, and this is an item of some controversy, beaver is reputed to be the toughest, and best, for any hat made of felt. It even is classified by itself in this regard. There are felt hats, and then there are beaver hats. But pure beaver are very expensive. Regarding the post I made below, the pure beaver hats are 550.00. A bit too rich for my blood. Personally, I would love to own a 50/50 blend. My GW fedora is made of a mink/beaver blend, and the felt is simply superb. But if you are after what Indy wore, go with the rabbit/hare. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]