Re: Replica Question for WndJameR

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WndJameR from spider-mtc-th062.proxy.aol.com on December 31, 2000 at 23:13:07:

In Reply to: Replica Question for WndJameR posted by 007 on December 30, 2000 at 21:58:44:

: Do you know where any Webley MK VI replicas can be found?
: Also, could you tell me about the Snake Plissken guns and The Shadow hat? Thanx
Currently, I don't have a source for the big Webley. The only Webley replica I have so far run across is the Webley Bulldog, a 5 shot revolver in .32 caliber. See Collectors Amoury or Pineridge7.
Snake Plisskin carries what appears to be a scoped S&W stainless steel revolver w 4" bbl, possibly a model 28 (.357) or 29 (.44). His other weapon is a Mac 11 9mm submachinegun with the folding shoulder stock removed. The large screw on sound suppressor is also fitted with a scope. These are the 2 that he carries in "Escape from New York" As it has become almost impossible to find this movie in any rental outlet, I will probably be forced to look for an old copy on Ebay. I would love to find out that it has been put out in DVD, but I'm not holding my breath. The other Snake movie is "Escape from LA". That one is fairly easy to obtain. In that one, he carries a pair of matched .44 S&W model 29's, the classic model, where the ejector shroud extends the length of the 6" bbl. Also interesting is the cylinder is smooth, it doesn't have the long semi circular notches cut between the chambers as on most revolvers. These weapons are also stainless steel and have aimpoint sighting devices mounted. I am always on the look out for prop weaponary. If I find any more sources for the Webley, I WILL post it to this forum.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]